Personal Online and Social Media PR for business executives, professionals and public figures–a new competitive must-have
In today’s new social media and online environment, it’s more important than ever before for the executive suite to small business owner to speaking dynamo to develop and maintain online PR. Personal public relations–as well as personal branding must beyond the general marketing or launch of a particular service or product brand.
Most new business owners and operators approach this (area) completely backwards–still expecting the company, service, brand…whatever it is to perform on its own.
On new media age, demands executive, business and even political leaders to take the necessary steps to be more in front of consumers and other businesses on a daily basis. The social media channels and search engines have given business leaders a golden opportunity to get in front of their audience at a much faster pace (over the typical press/media briefing, print article or even television interviews–not to mention the basic business letter).
Putting a consistent online Personal PR strategy in place along with up-to-date personal branding is a must-have for just about every executive business manager, leader or owner.
Online Personal Professional PR must include the following to establish and continue to establish the company or brand’s credibility and general PR:
- Building a strong online social network audience (target following – in networks that matter to the business/industry)
- Creating a strategy that will cultivate followers (SEO development and online network updates to utilizing e-mail, press releases, articles)
- Engaging with the targeted audience (listening and responding)
- Sharing knowledge (Pay-it-Forward and “think like Oprah”)
- Keeping an audience “glued” to the company brand from a reality perspective–tell quick stories, ask questions (good example: Michael Dell http://twitter.com/MichaelDell)
Naturally this concept is very new, it won’t happen overnight. But personal professional PR (on and off-line) is the wave of the future. Those who are partaking now (even in baby steps) are certainly way ahead of the marketing game.